Yesterday morning Jeff and I went over to my parent's old house (the one they are getting ready to put on the market since they moved to Idaho Falls.) The house is entirely empty now, there is just some stuff left in the garage. My parents had been asking me to go over and get the last of my stuff. It's all childhood memory stuff that I had saved. So I worked for an hour or so deciding what to toss and what to keep. I kept all the important stuff--from old stories I had written, to little toys that meant a lot to me when I was young. We made a lot of progress and got almost all of my stuff out of there. When we were leaving, it finally hit me. We were out on the driveway and totally started to tear up thinking about my sister and I playing out on the driveway when were little. I hadn't been really emotional this whole time about my parents moving, and not having that house anymore. It starting getting more and more teary as we drove away. It was sad, just thinking of all the memories there--over 15 years worth!
So we didn't end up going skiing last night. Jeff's wrist has really been hurting him the last few days--it bothers him really bad every now and then. But anyway, our weekend was great! Last night Jeff took me on a dinner date, and later that night we went out for ice cream. Thanks, love!
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Lauren, the "ranch" that my mother grew up in and that we played at as kids, in Roswell, was sold by Grampa and Gramma when they retired and moved up north of New Meadows many years ago. I love to remember all the wonderful memories; my cousin Tracy and I roamed all over the place and country, lots of adventures! It is always with a touch of sadness when I remember their home.
ReplyDelete