Sunday, October 18, 2009

Oregon Trip, among other things...

I'm a little late posting this, but, oh well. Jeff and I had an awesome trip to Oregon! We went to our friend's wedding, which was great, and stayed with Jeff's sister and brother-in-law for a few days. One of the nights we were there they took us out for a progressive dinner. First we went to Boon's Treasury for drinks and appetizers. Next we went to this awesome little place called French Press, where we had a delicious crepe (not your usual light and fruity crepe, but one filled with meat and cheese) with a very good sherry sauce. Very good. Our last stop was at a cake shop called Konditorei. Jeff and I shared a massive piece of chocolate cake, which was good, but just a bit too rich. Plus, cake is generally not my thing. I think I should have had a torte instead. Then we went and picked up Kaden, who was being babysat at Gabi's friend's house while we were out.

One morning while we were there Jeff and DJ went golfing and Gabi and I went out to breakfast. Kaden was at pre-school. I had the best french toast I've ever had in my life at this cute little place called The Sassy Onion. Check it out if you're ever in the area.

I'll share a funny Kaden story. Jeff and DJ had just left to go golfing, a little after 7 am. Kaden had woken up and gone in Gabi's room. I was still in bed. Apparently Kaden said "Can I go jump on Uncle Jeff?" Gabi told him that he had just left to go golfing with daddy. To which he said "Then can I go jump on Aunt Lauren!?" She told him to just let me sleep and wake up on my own. A little later (after I was up) he was on the phone with his Nana and Papa (Jeff's parents). He randomly said something like "Nana, when Aunt Lauren has her eyes closed, she says that that means she's waking up slowly and I should leave her alone." Seriously, kids say the darndest things. He's a crack-up. These we just a couple of the highlights of the great time we had with them!

Something we are really excited about is the new church we started going to. We really love it there, and it's great because it's really close to our house. They have a bunch of organized small groups that meet once a week for fellowship and bible study. It just so happened that soon after we started going, the small groups for that "semester" were just starting. So we able to go to the first meeting of the couple's group that we picked. It was really fun and we liked all the new people we met. We are excited to get to know them all better.

So that's pretty much what has been going on with us. At the end of October we're going to visit my parents in Idaho Falls--so that will be fun. Oh I forgot to mention one other thing. It is of course the time for play-off baseball, and that means a game pretty much every night. Sometimes day and night! :  )

No comments:

Post a Comment